Monday, March 30, 2009

Unbelievable Chateau Lake Louise

Once again, I continue to be amazed by the awe and splendour one can experience while on a Dream Trip! On my third dream trip in four months, my girlfriend Lynn and I went to Banff, Canada where we stayed at the Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise for 4 nights/5 days. Our trip included round-trip transfers from Calgary and daily lift tickets. At such an amazing price and amazing value, I can't imagine why anyone would choose not to have a Dream Trip Membership!!

At the tender age of 42, I actually skiid for the first time! I can't say that it was wonderful, but I can say that my all-day ski lesson was fun and challenging. If you plan on skiing for the first time, I highly recommend ski lessons. I signed up for a group class from 10:30-3:30. We broke for lunch at 12:30, and I was the only one who came back! I got a two-hour private lesson. I was very tired at the end of the day. Upon arriving at the hotel, I booked an appointment for a spa treatment the next day. I had a facial and my hair styled. Oh, and since I'm in the travel industry, all of these excursions and activities, as well as the trip, are considered "research" in my book. Tax write-offs are huge when you own a home-based business!

There were definitely a few other highlights to my trip. We met some incredible friends from Tennessee, Austin, Dallas, Florida, and New York. Lynn and I went dog-sledding. How many people can say they have done that? We also had dinner at a primo restaurant at The Post. This facility is a Relais and Chateaux level accommodation. If you don't know what that means, google it! It's higher than any star or diamond classification, and you must be nominated to receive the honor. Thank goodness we had some NY friends hosting this dinner outing...The meal was over $1600!!

I also had the opportunity to ice skate on Lake Louise and to hike a bit. All in all, the trip was spectacular. And it was only made possible because I am a Dream Trip member. Thank you World Ventures. I saved over $1800 on this trip alone!

http://www.deenampowersu.worldventuresdreamtrips.com



No comments: